Lakeshore CI

Lakeshore CI

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Avatar

I loved the movie Avatar by James Cameron. The animation in it was amazing. Did you know that James Cameron started writing Avatar in 1995 and started production in 1997, but he put the project on hold until early 2006. He used live-action shooting (about40%) and CGI (about 60%). To create Pandora and the Na'vi James Cameron and his team used over a petabyte (1,000,000 GB) thats over 17 GB per minute!
So I decided I would look up how they made the actors look human, but making them animalistic as well. I found a straight forward tutorial that teaches you how to make yourself look like the Na'vi (click here). I decided I would try the tutorial, but I have a few restrictions, I do not have Photoshop, which was used in the tutorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment