Lakeshore CI

Lakeshore CI

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Artist Introduction Letter


I am a year 4 CyberARTS students with a passion for the digital arts but still thoroughly enjoys the traditional arts. I hope to pursue a career either in advertising as an art director or as a high school digital arts teacher.

            I really enjoyed doing my proposed works; it allowed me to create something that would be a good use of techniques that I learned over the past four years. It also allowed me to create pieces of work that would be an asset for my various portfolios. My confidence with my Photoshop skills and techniques has vastly grown since grade 9. I have also expanded my skills with Illustrator, Flash and Aftereffects. My visual arts skills have also grown an unimaginable amount since I applied for CyberARTS in grade 8. I look back at artwork and I am astonished and proud of my progress. I will work on developing my skills after I leave the CyberARTS program and I will apply my skill in my everyday life and hopefully in the workplace.

I wish I had focused more time on learning AfterEffects, my first try I got frustrated with the program and the feeling stuck with me and I didn’t try using it again. I realize this is a mistake, and I should of tried a different technique of learning the program, and I can now do that at a later date, if I decide to continue in the digital arts field. If I choose to continue in the digital arts field, CyberARTS has given me the passion and techniques that I will need to succeed in the work place.

These past 4 years in CyberARTS has allowed me to create a portfolio of work that I am proud to show to my choice of colleges and plenty of techniques that will be very beneficial at a later date in the work place. 


-Megan K Diercks




(side note- Ms Silverman, I do not feel comfortable putting the letterhead on this document, it has all of my contact information--- If you need it I can bring it in)

No comments:

Post a Comment