Lakeshore CI

Lakeshore CI

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Infographic write up



To create a strong infographic, it must have the following qualities; clear formatting, easily read with effective information and visually pleasing. I believe I accomplished all of those characteristics within my infographic.
At first, I had no idea how to create a professional looking, informative infographic; but after looking around online at various layouts and the occasional tutorial, I had a plan. Most infographics I saw were in landscape view like a timeline, but I wanted to show the effort or climb I have to take to get to my goal, hence the elongated portrait format. I decided to use a silhouette of a tripod in the background; it leads the viewer’s eye to the title, the most important descriptor of the piece, without it the views wouldn’t know what I was talking about.
One difficulty I had with this piece was fitting all of my information onto my infographic without making it look crowded. I originally was going to not include the legend at the bottom of the page and have all of the information scattered on the tripod. I tried this and was not pleased, it didn’t look appealing anymore. So I decided to go with a simple black box at the bottom portion of my page and place all of the information there in a yellow font. Since I used the box, I was able to incorporate information that is more beneficial it, essentially making it a stronger piece.
To create unity within my piece I chose a consistent colour scheme, blue, yellow, black and white. I chose blue because a photographer must always keep calm and serine during a photo shoot or when speaking with a client. I chose yellow, to represent two things; first, a photographer must always have a burning passion for what they do because it is shown through their work, no passion no profit. Secondly, yellow also represents gold, as in money, photography can be a difficult profession to get into but once you are known, your salary can be of great quantity. Wedding photographers can charge $4,500 to $15,000 per wedding!
My favourite portion of this piece would have to be the title. It took me longest, I had difficulties keeping it legible yet still looking like a camera. I think I managed to make the word ‘Photographer’ look like a simplistic camera. I also enjoyed adding the simplistic details to the piece, from the pattern of the apertures in the background to giving the camera a “flash” I think really completed the entire piece and I am proud of this digital creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment